The Center for Global Studies has formulated three evaluative boards, all of which will receive regular reports and offer feedback about the Center’s programming.
The Center for Global Studies Executive Board
The CGS Executive Board is comprised of leaders from various Penn State academic colleges and units, as well as the Global Studies Center at the University of Pittsburgh, another Title VI National Resource Center. The members of our Executive Board include faculty and administrators whose expertise in international programming, undergraduate and graduate education, and prominent research and outreach initiatives will bring experienced insight to the direction of the Center.
- Michael Adewumi, Vice Provost for Global Programs, Penn State
- Gus Colangelo, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education and Director of Outreach, Smeal College of Business, Penn State
- Michael Goodhart, Director, Global Studies Center, University of Pittsburgh
- Susan Welch, Dean, College of the Liberal Arts, Penn State
The Center for Global Studies Penn State Advisory Board
Our Advisory Board includes members of Center research initiatives as well as other university faculty and administrators who will advise on the growth of the CGS within the broader framework of Penn State. Membership on this Board currently includes faculty and administrators from outreach programs, undergraduate and graduate studies programs, and from departments and institutes that specialize in the development of language acquisition resources.
- Masume Assaf, Director, International Student & Scholar Advising
- Jade Atwill, Asian Studies Librarian, College of Liberal Arts, Department of Asian Studies
- Deanna Behring, Assistant Dean and Director of International Programs, College of Agricultural Sciences
- D. Scott Bennett, Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies, College of the Liberal Arts
- Caroline Eckhardt, Head, School of Global Languages, Literatures and Cultures
- Eric Hayot, Professor, Department of Comparative Literature and Asian Studies
- James Lantolf, Director, Center for Advanced Language Proficiency Education and Research
- Gerald LeTendre, Professor of Education (Education Policy Studies)
- Nonny Schlotzhauer, Acting Head, Social Sciences Library, Penn State University Libraries
- Chunshan Song, Director, EMS Energy Institute
- Alan Taylor, Associate Director, Earth and Environmental Systems Institute
The Center for Global Studies Outreach Advisory Board
The Outreach Advisory Board will evaluate the Center’s activities designed to promote and support the growth of global studies in K-12 classrooms. K-12 teachers and administrators, in collaboration with administrators from Penn State’s language and outreach programs, will advise on the Center’s outreach efforts.
- Sue Anderson, World History Teacher, State College Area High School
- Chunyuan Di, Lecturer, Department of Asian Studies, Penn State
- Lina Eid, French and Arabic Instructor, State College Area High School
- Elena Galinova, Academic Director, Language Institute at Penn State
- Matthew Poehner, Associate Professor, World Languages Education and Applied Linguistics, Penn State