Example for Japan research
It is hard to say when origami started, but some think that it started soon after paper was invented. In China and Japan, it was used as a part of spiritual life. It became an art form in the 20th century, due to the master Akira Yoshizawa who figured out a way to write the directions down.
Origami is enjoyed by people all over the world.
- Origami usually is made with a square piece of paper.
- You don’t need any tools to do origami.
- Most origami involves only folding and no cutting.
- Book source: The Encylcopedia of Origami by Nick Robinson
- Web source: Origami Resource Center – History of Origami